By Julie Mazziotta
Original Source: people.com
Bethenny Frankel’s on-off boyfriend Dennis Shields died Friday of a suspected drug overdose, and reportedly asked his assistant to give him Narcan in his last moments. According to the New York Post, which first reported the news, the banker, 51, went unconscious before the drug could take effect.
Narcan is an emergency medication intended to reverse the effects of a narcotic overdose. While it’s commonly referred to as Narcan, a branded nasal spray, the medication itself is naloxone.
The medication, which is sprayed into one nostril, is able to immediately restore normal breathing in someone who has overdosed on fentanyl, heroin and prescription painkillers for…click here to continue reading